|RESPONSIBILITIES (included but not limited to):
* Manages both new and returning
patients in collaboration with the
Medical Specialist of the Unit.
* Undertakes surgical,
obstetrics/gynecological and/or other
medical procedures and assists with
the operations as guided by the
Medical Specialist of the unit.
* Documents adequately and in a timely
manner the management and care of
each patient and assists with the
production of medical reports as
* Assists the Medical Specialist
(Obstetrics and Gynecology) in two out-
patient clinic sessions weekly; also in
outreach to community clinics, as
* Provides follow up care of all patients
seen in the Emergency Room.
* May be required to act as Medical
* Responsibile for the production of
discharge summaries on all patients
discharged from the service.
* Contributes to and takes part in
training and development for
members of the health team and
participates in clinical committees as
assigned by supervisor or Chief of
* Any other duties as assigned.
* Primary medical qualifications (i.e.
MBBS or equivalent) from a
recognized medical school. Applicant
should have undergone an internship
of at least 1 year approved rotations.
* Either MSC, MS, Diploma in obstetrics
and gynecology or part 1 of Board
examinations with at least 3 years
supervised specialist experience in a
training programme or full specialist
qualifications but less than 3 years
clinical experience post qualification.
* Additional training in surgery or
critical care medicine would be an
asset (BCLS, ACLS).
* Must be registerable with BVI Medical
and Dental Council.
* Sound knowledge and good all round
competence as a general medical
* Ability to work as part of a team.
* Sound oral and written
* Ability to work unsupervised and to
make appropriate clinical
* Excellent human relations skills.
* Commensurate with qualifications
CLOSING DATE: 30 th April, 2010
To apply, please send curriculum vita (resume) and letter of application to:
Human Resources Department, BVI Health Services Authority, P.O Box 439, Road Town, Tortola VG1110, British Virgin Islands. E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org