Already have a Username/Password for Caribbean Journal of Nursing?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submissions must represent the original and independent work of the authors and the submitted manuscript should not have been published or submitted for publication elsewhere. The Journal utilizes a plagiarism detection system. By submitting your manuscript to this Journal you accept that your manuscript may be screened for plagiarism against previously published works.
Qualification for authorship should be based on:
1) substantial contributions to development and design of the study or the collection of data, or analysis and interpretation of data;
2) contribution to drafting the article or revising it critically for important intellectual content and
3) final approval of the version that is to be published.
Those who meet some but not all of the criteria for authors can be identified as ‘contributors’. All other individuals providing assistance during the research who do not meet the criteria for authorship should be acknowledged in the paper.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word, Word Perfect document file format.
- When available, the URLs to access references online are provided, including those for open access versions of the reference. The URLs are ready to click (e.g., http://pkp.sfu.ca).
- The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and All tables and figures should be embedded in the appropriate place in the main text, should include a number and title, should be in black and white and should cite the source of the materials if it is not original information.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review) have been followed.
Accepted manuscripts become the sole property of CJN and may not be published elsewhere without written consent.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
The pages you are viewing are owned by and copyrighted to The University of the West Indies and are made available to your for information purposes through the World Wide Web. Any use the pages for other purposes other than general information or in breach of our copyright constitute an offence for which you will be held liable in a court of law. Similarly, any use of the web to access prohibited information stored either on our web servers or on any local computer indirectly or directly connected to the web, either through hacking or any form of penetration, for malicious, testing or any purpose other than the general information we have made available to you through these pages, will constitute an offence against which legal action shall be brought against you.